Saturday, February 16, 2019

Introduction

University of Widya Gama Mahakam, Samarinda, Indonesia

(Sending University)




University of the Immaculate Conception, Davao City, Philippines

(Receiving University)





Hi, my name is Christie Urai Musa. I was one of the student from University of Widya Gama Mahakam Samarinda, Indonesia who was joining the program of SEA-Teachers and signing in University of the Immaculate Conception for my teaching practice. It is such a great chance for me to tell you my stories in Philippines! What are you going to read, see, and feel here is all about my experiences while I was there. So, enjoy your reading!
From what I read and listen from other people, Filipinos are known as friendly and welcoming people. I saw and felt the truth of this statement while I was there. They treat me as a princess, cared and loved me as a baby, and told me about everything as google. I was so surprised because of that unexpected service, and I felt so grateful for that.
I noticed that the people there are really prioritize in respecting other people, and establishing a good relationship with others even though someone new is known. That is the unique hospitality that the people there have because once you get along with them, it won't be long before they introduce you to their friends, even their family. Although some of them initially coming off as shy, they still keen on meeting new people because for them, the key is to keep a happy, easy going disposition and a good sense of humor, and they will love having you around.
I stayed there almost a month and from day to day, I can feel that my hospitality turned into a genuine familial love because of their family-oriented. There is no longer a distinction among extended family, close family friends, or even your parents' childhood best friends. This condition created because of their principle of their "happy-go-lucky" life. 
For them, laughter is the best medicine outlook on life, they are simply a lot of fun to be around. Meet a Filipino for the first time and they will seem like the shyest wallflower. But throw them into their group of friends and family and they transform into a completely different person. That is why I like them so much because even though it may take some time to get them closed and comfortable with us, once they are, they shift into their talkative, silly, and karaoke-loving selves. Interesting right?
Not forget too about their uniqueness on eating. I found that Filipinos also really love foods! They usually have three square meals a day and they simply enjoy food and they will get you to do the same. 
Those are the interesting about Filipinos especially in Davao City, and I am sure that when you go to Philippines, believe it or not, you will fall in love with them.


Pink Building of UIC



Pink Buildings in Basic School of UIC

No comments:

Post a Comment